Back Hall

| LNHS Home | House Main Page | Exterior and Grounds | First Floor | Second Floor | Third Floor |


In the 1759 House, a dividing wall stood where the arch is today, thus requiring the interior window on the stair landing. Andrew Craigie replaced the wall with the decorative arch in the 1790s.

As Henry Longfellow acquired more books, he added bookcases to some of the hallways.

In 1867 Edith and Annie Longfellow hosted an elaborate doll wedding for their dolls here.

 

Second floor back hall

Continue tour

Continue Tour

 


© 2004 Longfellow National Historic Site