Laundry

| LNHS Home | House Main Page | First Floor | Second Floor | Third Floor | Exterior and Grounds |


The laundry room was originally part of the rear ell porch, which ran across the back of the Craigie addition to the house.

At some point the western portion of the porch was enclosed and configured as a laundry room, probably prior to 1845.

The room contains a stove for heating water, laundry sinks, a wringer, and storage cabinets. It is located near the well. Clothes were often dried in the circle of lilacs outside the ell.

 

Laundry Laundry

Continue tour

Continue Tour


© 2004 Longfellow National Historic Site